What?!? Thanks Rae! Thanks for the nomination. I’m really touched! You’re super awesome! I hope my tiny blog over here can one day be as good as yours. You’re the reason I came over to WordPress and started my own blog. Seriously, people, check her out over at I Will Not Live In Vain!
The award was created by Okoto Enigma@https://okotoenigma.wordpress.com
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
Rules for the nominees:
- Display the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to the nominator’s blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer 5 questions from the nominator
- Nominate 10 or more people
- Notify your nominees by leaving the nomination link in the “comment” of their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share the link(s) to your best post(s)
So, three things about me:
- My Klutzy monkier comes from the fact that I am probably the most klutzy person I know. I have Charcot-Marie Tooth disease which is the reason I have such a hard time walking over flat even spaces, and falling up the stairs is a thing.
- I got to be IN Stonehenge for the summer solstice in 2003.
- The beach is where my soul belongs. I love walking the beach and listening to the ocean. I love watching my kids play in the sand.
As for Rae’s Questions:
If you could be anyone for a week, would you take the chance? Who would you choose to be?
This is a hard one. I am usually too practical to want to be anyone else. But for the fun of it I would say that I would like to be Miranda Lambert for a week. She’s my favorite singer ever. She seems like she has a fun thing going on. I totally would take a chance to walk a mile in her shoes if I could.
Do you have an irrational fear and what is it? (I promise I won’t make fun of you…)
Haha. Yeah I do have an irrational fear. It is totally something that you could take the mickey out of me if you knew. I really really hate spiders. But the biggest fear about them is that is that I have to sleep with my knickers on because I’m afraid that a passing spider in the night would find a… certain warm moist place a cozy spot to hide…
Who was your first celebrity crush? How old were you?
My first celebrity was Jonathan Jackson. Back in the day my mom watched General Hospital and he played Lucky. He was one of the few ‘kids’ on the show. Roughly my age at the time. I don’t know when it was exactly, maybe 8, but it would have been right at the time girls start to notice boys and the whole ‘feelings’ that come with it. More recently he played on Nashville, though I haven’t watched that show ever.
Do you have any quirks or habits that others find amusing or odd?
I don’t know if this really counts as a habit or quirk, but my shoulders are double jointed so I can point my elbows directly in front of me. It does get quite a bit of remarks of the creepily amused variety when I do it for people the first time.
Oh, ummm… a weird or funny question… If God sneezes, what should you say?
I love this question! I will totally rip off Dane Cook’s “Catholic and the Atheist” joke for this one. “Cover your fucking mouth”. That is if he were to turn towards me and sneeze nose uncovered. I couldn’t very well say “Bless you” because I’m not THE LORD. Saying “God bless you” is telling God to bless him/herself would be a bit of an overstep on my part.
If s/he were a polite sneezer then I guess I’d be in a bit of a pickle. I don’t know. Maybe ask if s/he’d like a tissue?
Nominees I chose for this award are…..
I’ll try to do ten, but I don’t know if I can.
I will first re-nominate Rae at I Will Not Live In Vain. I know she already was nominated, buuutttt if it were not for her I would not have started my blog. I love her blog and what she shares on it. That woman has a lot more courage than many people I know.
I nominate the MOMtessori Life blog, Earl Grey or No Way, The Rough House, This Tiny Blue House, All Things Homemaking, Master Luke Robinson, Beauty Beyond Bones, #SweatLife, Barbelle Bombshells. All these are blogs I like to read up on that go from a few different topics.
- If you could travel in time would you like to go to the past or the future?
- (weird one) Doomsday prepping; where do you stand on the subject?
- What is something that you have always wanted to do but have never tried before?
- Do you have a favorite fictional character? Who is it and why?
- Have you ever broken a bone?